The 2018 QRU Junior State Championships (JSC) will be held at Albany Creek GPS Rugby Club in partnership with Brisbane Junior Rugby Union and Albany Creek GPS Rugby Club from Fri 6 July to Sun 8 July.
The following teams will be attending:
- Brisbane (U13, U14, U16)
- Central Queensland (U13, U14, U16)
- Darling Downs (U13, U14, U16)
- Far North Queensland (U13, U14, U16)
- Gold Coast (U13, U14, U16)
- Northern Territory (U14, U16)
- Sunshine Coast (U13, U14, U16)
- Townsville (U13, U14, U16)
The 2018 QRU U12 Development Carnival will also be hosted in line with the Junior State Championships, with the following regions represented; Brisbane, Central Queensland, Darling Downs, Far North Queensland, Gold Coast, Northern Territory, Sunshine Coast and Townsville.
Tournament Draw will be finalised in the coming weeks along with Tournament Manual.
Championship Participation Requirements
All participants will be required to register online and pay all respective fees by COB Friday 29th June. This includes all participants being registered to a Rugby Club in their region and to the QRU Junior State Championships registration type – registration links will be provided next week.
In 2018, the QRU Junior State Championships Registration Fee is $209.00 inc GST. The fee is broken down into two components, BJRU Hosting Fee ($82.50) and QRU Championship Fee ($121.00) which covers the following expenses for both the QRU Junior State Championships and QRU City v Country representative program:
QRU Junior State Championships:
- Match Day Lunches (Friday, Saturday, Sunday – Coaches/Team Staff)
- Team Photography
- Tickets/Transfers* to St.George Queensland Reds v Melbourne Rebels on Fri 7th July (A discount code will be provided for all Parent/Guardians that also wish to attend the Match)
*For regions that have requested transfers
- Match Day Medical (Sports Trainers, Triage Nurse, Match-Day Doctor)
- Amenities (Waste Disposal, Toilets etc)
- Team Marquees
- Filming & Live Stream of Finals
- Match Balls
- Trophies & Awards
- Associated Staff costs
City v Country Provisions:
- Team Apparel (City/Country)
- Return Flights to Brisbane (Cairns, Townsville, Mackay, Rockhampton, Gladstone, Emerald, Bundaberg)
- Accommodation at St. Joseph’s Nudgee College (Country)
- Ground Transport
- Airport to Nudgee College (Country)
- Nudgee College to Ballymore (Country)
- Ballymore to Suncorp Stadium (City/Country)
- Suncorp Stadium to Nudgee College (Country)
- Nudgee College to Airport (Country)
- Match Day Medical
- Post-Match Meal (City/Country)
- Tickets to St.George Queensland Reds v Sunwolves Fri 13th July (City/Country)
Regions are reminded that the following remain as region specific responsibilities:
Queensland Rugby Junior State Championships (Fri 6th July-Sun 8th July)
- Team Selection
- Meals excl Lunches on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of QRJSC
- Transport (Flights, Buses, Transfers)
- Team Medical (Physio, Strapping Tape etc)
- Training Equipment
City/Country Program 2018
City and Country staff will be appointed prior to 2018 QRU Junior State Championships – Expressions of Interest will be sought via a Jotform application next week, with staff to be appointed by Friday 8th June.
Staff will preside over City/Country talent identification and selections across the U13, U14 and U16 age groups during the QRUJSC.
City and Country squads (U13, U14 and U16) will be announced at the conclusion of the QRJSC on Sun 8th July.
- City squads will assemble in Brisbane on Wednesday 11th July 2018 – squads will not go into camp.
- Country squads will assemble in Brisbane on Wednesday 11th July 2018 – squads will go into Camp – QRU staff to arrange. Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Darling Downs participants to be dropped by Parent/Guardian at St. Josephs Nudgee College @ TBC time. Flights/Transfers will be arranged for Cairns, Townsville, Mackay and Central Queensland participants.
City v Country games scheduled for Friday 13th July at Ballymore (U13, U14) and Suncorp Stadium (U16) prior to the St.George Queensland Reds v Sunwolves game at 7:45pm. All City/Country participants will receive a ticket to attend the game with their respective teams.
Country squads will return home on Saturday 14th July – QRU to arrange Airport transfers
In the interim, if your region has any questions don’t hesitate to contact me.
Nico Andrade Head of Rugby Services Queensland Rugby Union E: Nico.Andrade@redsrugby.com.au P: +61 7 3354 9385 M: +61 432 642 657 A: St.George Rugby House, 231 Butterfield Street, Herston QLD 4006 • PO Box 3458, Newmarket QLD 4051, Australia