The University of the Sunshine Coast Barbarians Rugby Union Club is seeking a suitable candidate for our A Grade (and Senior) Head Coach for 2018. The Head Coach would work with a team of coaches, including an A Grade assistant coach, and our Reserve Grade coaches to develop a squad for 2018. The Senior Coach would be in control of the senior squad’s tactical play, development and of our A Grade team.
We are looking for someone who is enthusiastic, knowledgeable, has strong focus on team culture on and off the field. Key characteristics we are looking for include:
- Level 2 coaching certificate.
- Ability to create a positive, all inclusive team environment.
- Outstanding rugby knowledge, strong knowledge of modern game play and player development.
- Ability to manage players and volunteers.
- Ability to work with the other team’s coaching staff for the overall benefit of the team.
- Ability to design, organize and implement training programmes consistent with the Club’s values.
- Strong focus on player development ensuring they enjoy the game.
In addition to the above role, and for a suitable candidate, we have a paid Assistant Rugby Director role at a local private rugby school. This role is optional with a view to becoming Director of Rugby at the school in 2019. Remuneration and hours are negotiable based on the applicant’s experience and suitability.
Forward applications to Dean Neto at our Rugby Development Office: email@example.com or should you have any questions, contact Dean on 0432 775 733